Friday, August 15, 2014

August 15, 2014---FMCA Convention, Redmond, Oregon



After having donuts and hot chocolate, an FMCA tradition, for breakfast, I went to my pine needle basket class.

I worked the entire two hours of class time on my project.  It looked much better as it got bigger.  Instead of making a basket with very low sides, I left it flat like a coaster.  I plan to hang it on the wall by my desk.

The coaster measures about 3 1/2 " across.
It was a difficult thing to make, but I enjoyed it and have two or three more projects in mind.  I probably won’t make very many more because of the time involved, but I want to do a little better job before I put the idea aside.  I really did enjoy the experience!

My next class was wire and bead jewelry.  It was easy and relaxing.  I have worked with wire before, but I learned some techniques today that I didn’t know.  It was a worthwhile way to spend a relaxing time.

After lunch and naps, we went to the RV Forum Happy Hour.  As usual, we had a lot of fun.  It is a good group.

My desk had been neglected since being here at the convention.  In other words, it was heaped high.  I spent this evening cleaning it off and putting things where they belong.




Bill took this picture from the top of the motorhome.  It shows just a small part of the private coaches here for the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment