Thursday, August 21, 2014

August 21, 2014---Junction City, Oregon


After a lazy start to the morning, and a wonderful breakfast prepared by Chef Bill, we drove to Eugene, about 15 miles from where the motorhome is parked.  From there we drove on over to Springfield, across I-5 from Eugene.

There were two RV suppliers there and Bill wanted to check on some things for the coach.  The first one is a salvage place that has overstock items from RV manufacturers.  It is the kind of place Bill can roam around in for a long time.  As for me, when I’ve seen one bolt, one light fixture, or one sink, I’ve seen enough.  So I sat in a comfortable chair, rocked and people watched...one of my favorite pastimes.

Our next stop was at a solar place.  That wasn’t so interesting, either, but I will tell you about the business next-door.  It is Kingsford, where the charcoal and pressed logs are made.  It is a huge operation, with “mountains” of wood chips and sawdust.  Maybe someday I’ll see if they have tours.  It looks very interesting.

But no time today...we went to have lunch with our friend, Sally.  We have known Sally for many years and try to touch base when we are back in this part of the country.  There is never a shortage of things to talk about...her kids, our kids, our grandkids, people we have known, etc.

Sally is not a technology savvy person.  That is putting it mildly.  She doesn’t have a TV, a computer, or even a cell phone that I know of.  She just has no interest in those kinds of things.  We played “telephone tag” for a week or so.  When she saw our friend, Sheila, last week, the word was passed to me, via e-mail, to CALL SALLY.  Thanks, Sheila, for being the go-between.

We were back at the motorhome at 3:00.  It is parked at the shop of a farmer about two miles north of Junction City.  He raises cows and chickens, and works on lots and lots of motorhomes.  Before I went into the MH for a nap, I took pictures of his latest critter.  She is adorable.

Bella is 10 days old.

She has big ears, big brown eyes, and is very shy!

No comments:

Post a Comment