Sunday, August 31, 2014

August 31, 2014---Kaiser Brake and Alignment, Eugene, Oregon


Bill cooked a very good breakfast this morning.  The sun was shining, but it was cooler than in the past.  All in all, it was a good way to finish August.

Late in the morning, we went to Walmart for a few items.  From there, we went to Home Depot.  It was a place we hadn’t seen before, but found it via my iPhone.  Bill was looking for something specific that he hadn’t been able to find elsewhere.  Today was the day to make the purchase and get one more thing marked off my Christmas list.  I’m making progress!

After such a big breakfast, we weren’t quite ready for lunch, but decided to go to the “pig place” to get pork chop sandwiches to take home.  I had no concern about eating in the place, but we wanted to take the food home so when we got ready to eat the food would be there.

It took us a few minutes to place our order and even longer for it to be prepared.  That was fine with me.  Yesterday, I met a “bar fly” while checking the place out.  He was a nice guy, but a bar fly, nonetheless.  And sure enough, there he was sitting at the end of the bar when we walked in.  While Bill scoped out the place, I sat and talked to Chuck.  Turns out, he was working at Country Coach in the cabinet shop at the time our coach was built, and probably worked on our rig.  It was interesting hearing about his daughter who had to work her way through the University of Oregon and now teaches in Ithaca, New York.

Another man, James, said he was homeless.  When I didn’t respond, he said he lives in his pickup camper, but has family in Junction City.  I told him we had been “homeless” for 16 years, living in our RV.  I’ll tell you right now, James didn’t look anymore homeless than Bill and I do.  You just never know the whole story!

After eating our sandwiches...probably not as good as those in Mt. Airy, North Carolina, but good...we both took naps.  

I got up just in time to watch the NASCAR race from Atlanta.  Kasey Kane won.  He is a teammate to Jeff, Jimmy, and Dale Jr.  They were all really excited that he won.  Now they are all four in the “chase,” which starts in two weeks.

I have been working on some necklaces that Lori and I made last year.  They are decorated with alcohol ink and need a finish coat.  I’m not having much luck in that department, so I’ll be glad when we get to Lori’s and I can get some help. 


No comments:

Post a Comment