Sunday, August 17, 2014

August 17, 2014---FMCA Convention, Redmond, Oregon

The convention ended with a concert last night.  We weren’t back from Prineville in time to go it, but that’s OK.  It wasn’t in our plans, anyway.

Quite a few of the coaches left today, but we aren’t here by ourselves like I thought we might be.  Bill doesn’t think there were as many here as usual and I don’t have have any idea, so we’ll go with his “vote.”

We spent the morning and early part of the afternoon watching the NASCAR race from Michigan.  Jeff Gordon won.  Yea!  He’s still one of our favorites.

From time to time we tuned in to the Denver Broncos preseason game against the San Francisco 49ers.  I’m happy to report that the Broncos won quite nicely.  And the Seattle Seahawks did, too.  Our four children should all be happy!

I made a quick shopping trip to JoAnn Fabrics while Bill waited in the air conditioned CRV.  It was in the low 90°s today.  And it seemed like a good day for an ice cream run.  Yum, yum!

Our RVing friends, Todd and Bonnie, have a son who lives here in Redmond.  About eight months ago, Donnie was in a very bad truck accident.  It has been a real struggle for him.  Today, we went to see him and were glad to hear that he is getting better, but he still has a ways to go.  It has been a tough battle for all of them.  We’ve known Donnie for about 10 years.  When we got home, I called Bonnie (now in Spokane, WA) to report on our visit with her “little boy.”

I worked on some beading projects today.  I am really out of practice.  I need to get my act together.  Christmas is just around the corner, you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment