Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August 12, 2014---FMCA Convention, Redmond, Oregon


This morning, we went to Smith Rock State Park.  It is a few miles east of Terreboone.  The cliffs are often used in movie scenes.  Climbers come from all over the world to climb the cliffs.  There weren’t any climbing today, but we went to their camp where preparations were being made.


Golden Eagles nest here.  We weren't able to locate any of 
the nests, but we did see two eagles soaring overhead.






The Crooked River runs through Smith Rock State Park.  Now you know why they named the river that!











While on the Rim Rock Trail, we found a geocache.  There were about a dozen listed for the Park, but most of them involved too much walking for me.

When we got back to Redmond, we went to some thrift stores.  Bill stayed in the car to rest while I shopped.  Lunch was at Burger King...we were practicing for anniversary number 55.

We had more rain this afternoon.  I worked on completing a bracelet I had started several months ago and still had several hours of work to do.  I finished it!  Yippy, Skippy!  One thing marked off my list!

Tomorrow I hope to sign up for some classes.




No comments:

Post a Comment