Tuesday, August 5, 2014

August 5, 2014--Rock Springs, Wyoming


Super Driver was at the steering wheel at 6:00 this morning.  I was still in bed, trying to catch a few more winks.  I wasn’t successful so I got up, wrapped in a blanket, and took my position as the “naviguesser.”  Wouldn’t you know it?  I kept nodding off.  Go figure!

We stopped in Evanston for fuel at Flying J.  We fed the motorhome and we fed ourselves.  After finishing our breakfast, we got back on the road, soon crossing into Utah.  Our state line celebration was vigorous.  Honk, honk.  Yahoo!  We made up for yesterday’s lapse in tradition.

We took I-84 toward Ogden.  Before merging with I-15, we went on an adventure.  We were in search of In-N-Out.  The Nuvi took us a different way than I had mapped out.  It was definitely the “scenic route” and seemed longer, but probably wasn’t.  The Nuvi took us through a town what we would have missed had we taken my route.  But we found In-N-Out and that’s what really counts.

Early lunch was great.  It was yummy!  It will be a while before we have this treat again.



Soon after crossing into Idaho, (Honking and yahooing for the second time today!) we stopped at a Rest Area to do just that...rest.  Once refreshed, we were on the road again, going toward Jerome.  We have been there before.  I hope Walmart isn’t counting!

There were large farms in this area.  Many were growing wheat, but there were lots of dark green fields that we assumed were potatoes since Idaho is famous for those.  Our suspicions were confirmed when we came upon a huge amount of potatoes spilled by the side of the road.  The wild sunflowers growing in the medium added a nice contrast to the scenery.

We’ve had some showers in the last part of our journey today, but otherwise it was a nice drive.



Today’s Travel Totals:  Mileage,  361.


No comments:

Post a Comment