Saturday, August 2, 2014

August 2, 2014---Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado


 At 8:40, Michelle, Meredith, Lori, Connor, Joshua, and I were on the road heading for Denver.  The Broncos are having a scrimmage at "Mile High Stadium," their last before the preseason begins.  Their first preseason game is against the Seattle Seahawks.  Uh, oh! The "family feud" continues!

It was fun watching the players and the fans.  We didn't get our picture on the Jumbotron, thank goodness.  I told Michelle if our picture was on there, I wasn't going to wave...with my hands or my flabby arms, or as Coleson said nearly ten years ago, my melting arms.

This picture tells you why they call it Mile High Stadium even though Sports Authority has their name bigger on the sign.


There were 38,650 people at the scrimmage...a lot of fans supporting their favorite team.



We were back home just after 3:00.  The weather was great in Denver and still good when we arrived in Loveland.  The temperature was in the low 80s.

I was very tired from a lot of walking at the football field.  I don’t really know how far we were parked from the entrance, but it was a long way.  So when we got back home, I really needed a nap.  Any excuse will do, right?

Bill made meat loaf for dinner.  Add baked potatoes, green beans, and pie for dessert and you will know that we had a great dinner.  We sat outside at the picnic table and talked for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment