Thursday, August 14, 2014

August 14, 2014---FMCA Convention, Redmond, Oregon


There was rain falling off and on all day.  But it didn’t keep us at home.  Bill went to several seminars and I had two classes.

In my first class this morning, we started our pine needle baskets.  It was much harder than I had expected.  It took a lot of hand strength to keep everything from slipping out of place.  The stitching was tricky at first, but most of us got the hang of it.

The teacher said it should look the same on both sides.  I said mine did...both sides looked crappy!  When I got back home after class I seriously considered taking it apart and starting all over again.  Before doing that I decided to do some trimming and straightening.  It looked better when it was tidier.

I worked on it several more times during the day and got about two-thirds finished.  We have a class tomorrow and I hope to finish it.  If I do and it isn’t too dreadful, I will send a picture of it.  Otherwise, it will probably make a good fire starter.

It has been a very difficult thing to do and it is hard on my hands.  Otherwise, I am feeling much better than I did several weeks ago.

After going to the RV Forum gathering at 4:00, we went to Fred Meyer to do some shopping.  That didn’t take long and we soon were back home, listening to the rain on the roof!

No comments:

Post a Comment