Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April 15, 2015--Michelle’s Driveway in Loveland, CO.


Today marks 55 years of marriage for these two wanderers.  Bill got up from his morning nap and said he couldn’t believe he had lived this long and that I wasn’t in prison...for his “justified homicide!”  The thought never actually crossed my mind, but there’s still time.  And it might come sooner than later if he ever wakes me before “dawn,” even to say happy anniversary!

David came soon after noon.  The weather wasn’t good so we couldn’t go for a walk.  Keeping in mind that I am still very cautious as a result of my fall last week, David worked with me on balance issues.  All went well as long as he was there to catch me.  But on my own, it wasn’t too good.

Some of you who have known the two of us for several years may remember the story about our 50th anniversary.  We had friends who went to China for their 50th and another couple who went to Hawaii.  I asked Bill where he was going to take me for our upcoming 50th.  He said, “Well, I am going to take you to Burger King, and you can have your own hamburger and you can super size the fries and the drink.”  What a guy, eh?

Well, Meredith and Michelle were going to take us to a good bar-b-cue place, but Meredith had to work late so Michelle took us out for dinner...to Burger King, where else!?  Joshua wouldn’t go because he doesn’t like BK.  Matthew went with us to keep us entertained.  We had a good time.  When we got back to the MH, Meredith brought us a box of tiny cupcakes.  They were really good and it was nice to have something to serve everyone who came by to say “Happy Anniversary!”

The good news was that the IRS accepted our Turbo Tax meager offering.  So we made the deadline!  Yippy, Skippy!

No comments:

Post a Comment