Sunday, April 26, 2015

April 26, 2015---Michelle’s House


It was cold like winter all day today, so it was a good day to tell more about JoAnn.  

JoAnn loved bacon.  She told me so, but when I shared my bacon with her the first morning she seemed puzzled.  I didn’t share again...mainly because I didn’t get any more bacon.  From then on, I had terrible food for breakfast...grits!  Ugh!

One day a nurse was there with her, watching her eat breakfast.  JoAnn poured her Cherrios into a bowl and poured water on them.  The nurse asked her why and she said because she didn’t have any milk.  That was a fact.  I don’t know if she had milk on her tray the next morning or not, but sometimes she did make sense.

She knew that I had a very nice daughter-in-law...Meredith.  One entire day she talked about Meredith, Bill’s wife.  That night, I told her who Meredith was and who Bill was.  It was as if I was talking to a stone wall.  It must have sunk in though, because the next day it was not mentioned, even though Meredith was there.

One afternoon, she told me that Isis was hiding in the bushes not far outside of window.  She and I had to keep watch for any activity.  We did, but were not under attack.

Two different times, a therapist ask her to name a fruit that started like apple.  JoAnn insisted it was “orange” and wouldn’t change her mind.  That was curious, as far as I was concerned.

Some days were more interesting than others.  One day a guy in a wheelchair came in.  He was not only from the “permanent” residence section, but he was her husband...What?  First time I had heard of him.  She spent half an hour telling him she was going to get a divorce.  He didn’t have much to say.  A half hour after he rolled out of the room, a woman came in yelling and carrying on.  It was JoAnn’s stepdaughter.  She wasn’t happy about the divorce situation.  We never saw either one of those two again.  JoAnn’s daughter came a couple of times, but it was hard to carry on a conversation with her.

One night, she told me that the next day she would tell me where the body was hidden.  But, alas, my family “sprang” me the next day, so I guess I will never know the answer to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment