Saturday, April 25, 2015

April 25, 2015---Michelle’s House



As Bill and I have traveled these last few years, we have met some very “Ionic” people. I think in the interest of entertainment, I will tell you about a lady we met in Mississippi just a few months ago. .

Her name was JoAnn.  She was to be my roommate in the rehab center in Brandon.  When I first checked in, my room wasn’t ready yet.  This seemed rather odd since it was already 3:30 in the afternoon.  The cleanup crew had had plenty of time.

JoAnn, probably in her late 60s, was watching all the activity.  She didn’t have much to say.  That would soon change.  She began to talk and didn’t stop.  In fact, she talked all night!  I mean she literally talked all night.  I learned most everything about JoAnn, such as her house was the largest in the area, but she couldn’t live there anymore because renters had trashed it.  I know that is a distinct possibility, but her son and his family were able to live there.  

She never lied.  She always told the truth.  She had lots of guns and was the best marksman in the area.  When she found out that Connor wanted to learn to weld, she told Bill she was an excellent welder...one of the best in the area.

She told the nurse that she could escape from the room any time she wanted, even if the windows were of extra the thick glass.  She said the facility was a motel at one time...possibile but not probable.

The second night, she didn’t talk much, but ever so often, things would pop out of her mouth.  She liked the Methodist Church better than the Baptist, who talked too much.  She should know.  I usually didn’t go back to sleep but stayed awake thinking about the things she talked about.  She told me not to worry.  She was going to take me with here.

It gets more interesting and elaborate, but I will save that for tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment