Tuesday, April 7, 2015

April 7, 2015---Rapid City, South Dakota


We were up early this morning, getting the motorhome ready to leave the driveway and head for South Dakota.  My home health nurse came early.  Meredith came, also, and the pups, who had to stay in the car because they are so possessive of me.

Soon after Lindsey left, we were “on the road again.”  I’m sure Willie Nelson was glad to see us singing his song.  It has been a while!

We forgot to eat breakfast, so just before we entered Wyoming, (Honk! Honk!  Yahoo!) we stopped.  Bill had a banana and got a chocalate shake for me.  When I was hospitalized in Mississippi, I had Ensure a lot.  It was either that or grits.  Not a hard choice for me.  Bill shook it to mix it and then “set” the lid back on.  Guess what?!  I shook it, also, like I usually do, and we had chocolate shake many places where it shouldn’t be.  What a mess!?  I am certainly glad I’m not trying to win any popularity contests today.  I wouldn’t have a chance. 

We got to Rapid City at about 4:30.  Super Driver put the pedal to the metal...364 miles.  I spent the afternoon napping.  I missed the State Line Celebration into South Dakota.

We went to the campground at our mail forwarding service.  That will give us proof of “residence.”  We’ll need that when we go to the DMV to renew my driver’s license.

Natalia took Wally last night.  I must confess...I miss the little fellow!




No comments:

Post a Comment