Wednesday, April 8, 2015

April 8, 2015---Rapid City, South Dakota


There was a heavy fog hanging in this morning when we got up.  We had planned an early appearance at the DMV, but decided on delaying until the fog lifted. The DMV had been open for about an hour, but there wasn’t a waiting line.  I’d guess we weren’t the only ones leery about driving in thick fog.

I had to fill out an application form.  I was next in line.  The man processing my application was a sour puss, but by the time he gave me my new license, he had a smile on his face and was chuckling a bit.

We stopped at McDonald’s for breakfast and then went home.  It was cold and rainy and kept at it for most of the day.  Some of the weather stations had predicted snow, but it never materialized.  Bill was happy about that.

Since we feel certain that we will be in this area again, we decided to delay our trip to Custer State Park until we can have nicer weather.

We watched “The Man From Snowy River” tonight.  It is one of our favorites and it had been several years since we have seen it.  We never seem to get tired of the pretty scenery in it.








No comments:

Post a Comment