Monday, July 13, 2015

July 13, 2015---Eugene Elks Lodge, Eugene, OR.




Happy Birthday, Natalia!  I was in the delivery room when she was born.  That was a lucky day for me.  I not only acquired a granddaughter that day, but I got to see the miracle when she took her first breath.

Bill and I had a bunch of errands to go on today.  We went to Penney’s at the mall.  Bill needed a new pair of shorts to wear to JP and Rosie’s wedding in Monterey in August.  With that accomplished, we went shirt looking.  We’ll have to keep looking, but the hard task is taken care of.  The shorts are purchased.

I have been very depressed about my hair.  With all the medicine I am taking now, things have gone from bad to worse.  I have let my hair grow for a year.  I like it longer, but when I have it fixed. it only last a day or two.  After that, I am right back to my Christopher Lloyd hairdo.  Today I went wig shopping.  The one Bill and I chose is the color of my graying hair.  And it looks like I have been to the beauty shop.  It is very comfortable.  Every time I look in the mirror, I don’t recognize myself.  Just so Bill knows who I am!  That’s all that counts.

We went to Trader Joe’s.  Michelle wanted “Oregon bags.”  Now we have Oregon, Colorado, and Boston reusable bags.  We also have some generic bags, too.  The girls use them every time they go grocery shopping.  Bill and I try to remember to take them with us, but sometimes we forget.

One of Bill’s favorite responses to a clerk who ask if he wants paper or plastic, is “It doesn't matter.  I’m bi-sack-ual.”  I’ve told you before that he is bad to the bone.  Now you know I speak the truth!

Our last errand was to Costco.  They were as crowded as they were yesterday, but we toughed it out and stood in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment