Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July 7, 2015---Keizer Elks Lodge Campground, Keizer, OR


While Bill did the laundry early this morning, I got some extra sleep.  I can’t seem to get enough shut eye.  I keep hoping I will win the energy war, but It’s not happening.

At noon, we went to Costco, ate lunch, and shopped for a dash cam.  Lunch was good, but there wasn’t a dash cam like Bill has been looking for.  He is very particular.  He know what he wants, but has yet to find it.

By the time we got back home, I was in desperate need of a nap.  I had meant to spend some time rearranging my clothes and cleaning out my closet, but it didn’t get done.  Tomorrow, we plan to stay home and work on that project while I am not so tired.

We went into the lodge for supper.  Tonight it was hamburgers, etc.  Bill and I shared a chili burger and fries/onion rings.  Even sharing everything, we had too much food.

This lodge serves food every day.  There were lots of people eating tonight.  I asked the greeter if the Lodge made money on that kind of meal, because the price is was so reasonable.  She said they do very well indeed!  

It is the 11th largest lodge in the country...2100 members.  We know the campground, with 42 RV sites, adds to their coffers.  They must be in good financial shape.  But as with other lodges, most of the people eating tonight had white hair.  We see the aging of the membership wherever we go.  A bunch of geezer, just like us!

No comments:

Post a Comment