Thursday, July 9, 2015

July 9, 2015----Keizer Elks Lodge Campground, Keizer, OR


Grandpa must have been hungry this morning.  After I woke up he went on an errand...and came home with pancakes from McDonald’s.  With happy tummies, we were ready to go shopping.  

We drove to Salem and concentrated on Lancaster Drive.  It is spread out from the north side of town clear to the south edge of town.  It is on the east side of I-5 and has most of the shopping anyone would want.

Some of the bigger stores are located in the downtown area, but we didn’t go that far afield.

We use to go to Taco Time when we lived in Seaside.  We decided to give it a try today.  The food was OK, but a little bit more expensive than we thought it should be.

As we got back toward the motorhome, we decided ice cream would be a good idea.  We spent about 30 minutes looking for a place to get it.  That put us a little late for naps.

I had just fallen asleep, when Bill came in and said we had company.  He might have let me sleep, but he knew I would want to see the dog.  It was a white English Golden Retriever.  I had never seen that breed before.  She was a mellow dog, but she ate rocks.  Since our MH is on a gravel place, she had plenty to choose from.  Her owner didn’t appreciate what she was doing, but I didn’t interfere.  I just wanted to get back to my nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment