Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 14, 2015---Eugene Elks Lodge, Eugene, OR.


Our friend, Sally, came to get us at 11:30.  We went to lunch at a Mongolian Grill.  We like going there because we can put exactly what we want in our bowls.  I think it is very clever how they keep all the orders in line.  There were a lot of people eating there today and I am sure I got my order.  I dipped my pieces of meat in hot mustard and then in sesame seeds. I really cleared my sinuses.

It was nice to visit with Sally.  We had a lot of catching up to do.  So many of our mutual friends have died this past year.  We have commented that so many our age are no longer here.  I am glad I didn’t fall into that category this past winter.

Bill and I went to Arby’s for supper.  Afterwards, we went to Fred Meyers for a little shopping.  We like to buy socks, etc. in Oregon so we can avoid the sales tax.  It all adds up over the years.  Bill use to say that a penny saved is a penny earned.  Now he says a penny saved is a government oversight!  That’s sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment