Tuesday, November 10, 2015

November 10, 2015—Loveland to Walmart, Trinidad, Colorado

We left Michelle’s driveway at 9:30.  It was cold with clear skies.  We hope to be able to beat the snow storm that’s headed this way.  Oh, yes!  We are singing along with Willie Nelson as we go “on the road again.”  That’s probably one of our favorite songs.

We stopped at Cabela’s north of Denver to use their dump station.  While Bill was taking care of that chore, I put away the dishes he had washed earlier this morning.  With those things out of the way, we got back on the Interstate going south.  Bill was really dreading the drive through Denver.  Although he had white knuckles most of the way across the city, traffic wasn’t as bad as we have seen it.  No stop and go, or construction to deal with.

South on I-25 was Pueblo where we planned to stop for fuel, to eat some lunch, and take naps.  Each thing was a welcome event.  I was really hungry by the time we got to the lunch part of the schedule.  I am trying to eat snacks more often, but sometimes it doesn’t work out that way.

Trinidad was about as far as Bill thought he could drive, and by the time we got there, he was feeling his 80 years. In past years, I would have done part of the driving, but now, in my present health condition, when I volunteer to take my turn, he turns pale and breaks out in a cold sweat.  Hm-m-m-m-m!  Do you think that translates to “NO?”

250 miles traveled today.  And we were fighting the wind most of the day.  No wonder the driver and co-pilot are so tired tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment