Wednesday, November 11, 2015

November 11, 2015—Trinidad, Colorado to Jim’s house in Santa Fe, New Mexico

It was 36° when we left Trinidad at 6:50 this morning.  Cold, but no snow or wind.  The climb over Raton Pass was easy, with very little traffic.  Bill and I can remember when the Pass was a two lane road and we were in our Porsche with the top down.  I think that is called the “good old days,” but these are the “good new days” for us!

By the time we got to the Rest Area where we planned to stop to eat breakfast, a really strong cross wind was blowing.  When the road veered west we had a full head wind, reported at 70 mph.  That sucks the diesel out of the MH in a hurry.

We got to Jim and Peggy’s house at about 12:00.  It didn’t take long to get the Motorhome parked and set up with electricity, etc.  Bill had to call DISH to have our major network service transferred from Denver to Albuquerque.  That always takes time.

Peggy had a meeting to attend.  Jim and I spent the time catching up on the events of the past year.  I had a lot to ask him about how he handles his diabetes treatment, which he has been aware of for 10 years.  I got some good hints and suggestions.

I was able to take a short nap, so I was somewhat rested by dinnertime.  We had lasagna, salad, and French bread…one of my favorite meals.   

No comments:

Post a Comment