Sunday, November 15, 2015

November 15, 2015—Santa Fe to Walmart, Socorro, New Mexico



I was really tired last night when I wrote my blog.  I forgot to mention the fact that the Oregon Ducks beat Stanford in a very good game.  It was exciting, from start to finish.  I was late getting the blog posted because I kept going to sleep with my hands still on the computer keys.  I really had to watch for words spelled incorrectly.  I had some very funny spellings of my “nap” words. 

We left Jim and Peggy at 9:15 this morning.  I usually have a lump in my throat when we part, because I never know when I’ll see them again.  Today was no different!

When we were about half way to Albuquerque, rain started to fall.  It lasted on our trip south on I-25 almost to Socorro, where we pulled into the Walmart parking lot.

Our plan was to put the DISH up as quickly as possible and watch the NASCAR race from Phoenix.  Well, it was raining in the Arizona desert as well as in this area, and the race was over six hours late starting.  The track had to be dried, which took a long time.

While we were waiting for the race to start, we switched over to the football game from Denver.  The Kansas City Chiefs came to Mile High Stadium to play, but someone forgot to invite the Broncos.  They were able to score two touchdowns late in the game, but before that things were pathetic, to say the least.

Meanwhile, back in Arizona, the racetrack was able to dry sufficiently enough to allow the green flag to wave, but after a few laps past halfway, the sky opened up and the rain came down in buckets.  An attempt was made to dry the track again, but there was just too much water falling.  The race was called…ended… by NASCAR and everyone was walking around looking like “drowned rats.”

No comments:

Post a Comment