Thursday, November 26, 2015

November 26, 2015—An RV lot in Yuma, Arizona



Happy Thanksgiving!  We’ve had lots to be thankful for all these past years, but this one is just about one of the best.  Bill has been an absolute blessing for me.  I have required a lot of help since my heart attack.  He has been wonderful!  And the love of our kids and grandkids continue to help us in so many ways.

Dwight and Sheila came back to help Bill with his problem wiring.  Actually Sheila came back to walk with me.  That way we weren’t around to offer suggestions to the guys.  For some reason, they didn’t seem to want or need our help.  We walked in our neighborhood.  There are some beautiful desert houses in this part of Yuma.  We walked just a little over a half mile, which was a long way for me.

When we got back home, Sheila realized how tired I was and sent me to take a nap.  When I woke up an hour or so later, they had gone to Todd and Bonnie’s house where we were all meeting for Thanksgiving dinner.  We were last to arrive, but the turkey needed to cook longer, so we just sat around and talked and laughed.  Of course, Bill had a new routine of jokes, so he was our main entertainment.  I didn’t have much to add to the fun.

We had a wide variety of the usual Thanksgiving dishes, most of which tasted a bit different from our usual “Dane” fare, but was very good, nevertheless.  We didn’t leave the table hungry.  Of course, there were lots of leftovers that should taste extra good tomorrow.  That is one of the best things about “turkey day.”

It got dark and cool outside, so some of the people built a fire in the fire ring and sat around outside and listened to the coyotes howl.  I stayed in the warm house and visited.  When I get chilled it is very hard for me to get warm again.

It was a fun, pleasant day, for which I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment