Friday, February 12, 2016

February 12, 2016—-Yuma, Arizona



We went by to get Todd at 10:30.  Our first stop for the morning was to get me an appointment with a surgeon, Dr. Deckey.  When I saw Dr. Huneycutt in Loveland on Monday, he said I had a hernia that needed to be repaired as soon as I got back down here to Yuma.  I will see Dr. Deckey on Monday and hopefully we will be able to get the ball rolling, so to speak.

After getting that taken care of, we set off on some cache hunts.  Some of them Todd had found before, and some Bill had found earlier, with Dwight and Shiela.  We were able to find two new ones for us and Todd found one that he hadn’t located before.  We had fun going to some new parts of Yuma…new to me anyway.

One cache was particularly difficult to find.  There was a small hole in the trunk of a palm tree.  Todd reached in with his pocket knife and pulled a string out.  A door opened up and there was the cache.  It was very clever and apparently the palm didn’t mind the intrusion.  They are tough creatures, created to last!

Went to Arby’s for lunch, before stopping by Walmart for prescriptions.  Bill took Todd home and then left me at our house to take a nap.  He went on a couple of other errands after that.

After discussing dinner options, we decided to make a salad and relax at home.  It was a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment