Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February 3, 2016—Michelle’s house, Loveland, Colorado



It was 9° when we got up this morning.  Br-r-r-r-r!  The sun is out now, but with these cold temperatures, we won’t have a lot of melting snow.

Last night, Michelle and Meredith went to the restaurant where Joshua works.  They took cupcakes to share with everyone he works with.  Then they went to a place about half a block down the street to celebrate some more.

I had no idea how long they were going to be out.  I heard the car pull in at midnight.  Tippy and I met them at the door.  I was pointing to my watch, which is only virtual because I haven’t worn one for years.  I said, “You are grounded.”  Meredith had gone on home, trembling with fear, I am sure.  Thanks to the cell phone era, she didn’t escape my “wrath.”

Michelle told Joshua that when people ask what he did for his 21st birthday, he can say, “I got grounded by my grandmother.”  We all had a good laugh about the shenanigans.

Last night, Matthew and I had our own party.  He made root beer floats, which are our favorite things to have.

Meredith and the pups came for an afternoon frolic in the snow.  Joey likes to hide a tennis ball in a snow drift and then find it.  He is very good at entertaining himself.

We went out to dinner to celebrate Joshua’s birthday.  We ate at a Thai Restaurant.  The food was very good.  I had sweet and sour tofu with vegetables.  It was really tasty!

When we got back to Michelle’s, we built a fire in the fireplace and sat and talked, while the dogs played around.  It was a good way to end a great day!

The temperature was 9° at bedtime!





No comments:

Post a Comment