Sunday, May 17, 2015

May 17, 2015---Michelle’s House


This morning, Michelle made waffles, and cooked sausage and bacon.  Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!  A great Sunday morning breakfast!

At 10:30, Meredith and Dwaine came with the pups.  I was sitting at my desk.  Hapa ran over and sat beside me.  I guess she was thinking there might be thunder in the area.  Bless her little heart...she takes such good care of me on walks and when there is thunder, I am glad I can comfort her.

Joey and Hapa stayed at Michelle’s to play with Tippy.  Meredith, Dwaine, Bill, and I drove north to Fort Collins.  We rode through neighborhoods that Bill and I had never been to.  It was fun and interesting.  We made our way to a nursery and spent over an hour walking around looking at the beautiful plants and a wide variety of containers.

I was looking for several cacti to put on the dash of the motorhome.  Most of the shells that were on the dash for our first 16 years of living in the MH are other places and my one plant, a hoya, is going to stay at Meredith’s for awhile.  I thought some small cacti might be good for a change.  We plan to spend some time in Arizona before the year ends, and cacti might fit into our new decor.

We went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch.  We have eaten there before, but I couldn’t remember what I ordered then.  My choice this time wasn’t as good, but I brought home enough to make a Mexican casserole and they usually turn out very good.

As we were driving back to Loveland, my brother called from Santa Fe to cancel their plans to visit here next week.  The reason...Peggy’s son, Tony, had died this morning.  He was 48 and had a heart attack.  Tony has been living in Florida and had a job with some part of NASA.  Peggy and Jim will be in Florida for several weeks to take care of some of Tony’s business affairs.  

It is so very, very sad!  At times like this, we are even more sure that our lifestyle is what we want.  The news of Tony’s death hit to close to home, considering I am still recovering from my heart attack.  So hug your family and friends often and tell them you love them.


No comments:

Post a Comment