Monday, May 25, 2015

May 25, 2015---Michelle’s House


Today was Memorial Day.  It is a day set aside to honor those who died defending our country.  I think it started during the Civil War.  For a long time it was called Decoration Day.  I don’t know when or why the name was changed.

Not long after we finished breakfast, Lindsey came to check me out.  If we leave the area when we plan to, I will have two more visits with her.  She has been a great person to have on our team.

I washed my hair and Susan curled it.  She was showing Bill how to use the curling iron.  He has been curling my hair for about two weeks and improving each time he does it.  She gave him several useful suggestions.

David didn’t come for physical therapy today, so several of us walked around the block.  I went further before needing a rest time.  That was encouraging to me.  I am really glad my walker has a seat.  I use it often.

Michelle cooked “graduation dinner” for Connor tonight.  We had skirt steak cooked on the grill.  Michelle brought it back from Freedom Meat Locker in Watsonville, the last time she was in California.  Connor also wanted mixed vegetables and twice baked potatoes.  It was all really, really good.  Meredith and Natalia both came to the celebration. 

 It is very hard to believe that Connor is so grown up.  He plans to go to college in Grand Junction (on the other side of the mountains). 





No comments:

Post a Comment