Saturday, May 9, 2015

May 9, 2015---Michelle’s House


The last time I tried to do any bead work, my hands were so shaky I had to quit.  It was too upsetting.  This morning I thought I would give it a try again.

By 5:00 this afternoon, I had finished three crosses.  I enjoyed doing it until I began to get tired and then I had to concentrate too much.  I was at the point where I needed to clean up my mess so I was able to get everything back in order.  It felt good to have accomplished as much as I did.

At 4:00, snow started to fall, big time!  So far, it isn’t sticking to the road, but the cars and grass are white.  I haven’t been out to play, but I imagine it will be so wet, it will melt very quickly.  One or two feet is predicted for the mountains to the west of us.  Right now it is 31° so the streets might ice over if the temperature drops much lower.  We just had a wind gust that shook the coach.  Br-r-r-r-r-r-r!  

Michelle and the boys took Ron out for a birthday dinner.  Meredith and Dwaine went also, I think.  We chose to stay home.  Sometimes it is too slippery for me and I am trying to avoid trouble.

Our friend, Todd, missed a step going into a store and broke his hip.  He had surgery and is now in a rehabilitation.  I think he will probably be there longer than I was.  If he’s lucky. he’ll have an “interesting” roommate like I had.  Bonny said he is already complaining about the food.  For dinner, he had broccoli, sweet potato fries, and fruit.  What...no grits!  When I talk to him I will tell him how lucky he is.

Michelle gave me a picture of Matthew at the award ceremony.  His rank is sergeant!  He is the one in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment