Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December 13, 2011

December 13, 2011

My first job this morning was to “weed” more out of the storage shed.  It was a lot of work, even with Bill doing most of the lifting.  And I had another helper...Enzo, a little black and white rabbit.  He’s a very snoopy, furry little critter and he can get in the way at warp speed.  He’s fast and quiet.  He would make a great secret agent...quick, curious, and extremely innocent looking!

I sat in the sunshine and sorted several big boxes of a variety of things.  This afternoon we plan to make a thrift store donation run.  We loaded several boxes into the back of the Honda, and will go to through them as we have time.  It is mostly Christmas decorations.  The keepsake ones will be put in storage at Michelle’s.  Thank goodness for basements.  Most of the things were in our basement in Gearhart, Oregon, and 13 years later will travel to Michelle’s basement in Loveland, Colorado.

At 3:00 (later than expected), we drove to Fairfield, about 18 miles away, to cache and attend a gathering of other cachers in the area.  We logged seven caches before going to the meeting at Round Table Pizza.  The food was good and the cachers that we met were very friendly and excited about our sport.  

Normally, when we go to a meeting like that we are from a greater distance than anyone.  Not tonight!  We met a young man from Germany who is in San Jose for a six month internship with IBM.  He was amazed at how old some of us were!  Ugh!  I didn’t smack him because Brent has warned me about starting WW3, but I wanted to.  The nerve of that young whippersnapper!  Seriously, he was lots of fun to talk to.

The first thing I did when we got home was to do the computer work for the caches that we found.  I am determined to keep current now that I have caught up with my posting.

Whee!  It was a really busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment