Saturday, December 24, 2011

December 24, 2011

December 24, 2011

We started Christmas Eve by finding two caches at the beach in Santa Barbara.  That was good, but things went down from there on, especially me.  As we crossed the main beach street, heading for a cache at a baseball field, I tripped and did a “face plant” on the sidewalk.  The sidewalk won!  But before I was hauled away in an ambulance I left lots of blood on the corner where I fell.  It was one of my typical gooney bird landings.

Bill was in a bit of a state, but I was in good hands, like All State.  One of the people who came to my aid was an off duty paramedic who called 911.  The ambulance got there very quickly.  And one of the crew was a geocacher, so we had lots to talk about on the way to the hospital.

I had a CAT scan to see if I had any bleeding around my brain.  I didn’t have any bleeding inside my skull.  I assume they did find a brain, but sometimes Bill has doubts about that.

I now have a black eye, a big bump on my right cheek, and five stitches at the corner of my right eye.  My left wrist hurts and I pulled a muscle in my right side.  Other than that, I am just hunky- dory!  

I have no doubt that Christmas Day will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment