Sunday, December 4, 2011

December 4, 2011

December 4, 2011

Our excitement for the morning was when David, from across the street, fell off the roof and bounced across the driveway.  Luckily, the extent of his injury was a sprained knee.  I knew he wasn’t injured too badly because his keen sense of humor was back within just a few minutes.  

He bought a new ladder this morning and had only been on the roof a few minutes when he did his “swan dive” off his lofty perch.  He said the ladder was only used once and I thought he had a good point.  I offered to return it to Home Depot.  He used it to go up, but not to come down.  Do you think HD will go for it?

We wanted to rate his dive, but didn’t have paper to write a number for his score.  I gave him a verbal 10.  Rosie, JP’s girlfriend, gave him a 9.  David thought it was just about as good as it was going to get.

Before he was hauled off to the hospital I ask him if he knew any other cute tricks.  He said that the fall was his complete repartee.  Seriously, he was extremely lucky that he wasn’t seriously injured or worse.

Bill and I decided to go caching for some relaxation.  We found one, had one DNF, and couldn’t even find a way to get close to the third one.  Not too good a day, but we weren’t “skunked.”

At 4:00, I went to watch Lori bowl.  Half of her team (Natalia) was elsewhere. Her day bowling wasn’t any better than our day caching.  Afterwards, several of the bowlers went home with Lori.  She and I had arrived a bit before the others and had fixed a taco salad bar and several cheese and cracker trays.  Others came with desserts.  I promise, no one went hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment