Friday, December 16, 2011

December 16, 2011

December 16, 2011

Today was a “must cache” day so we found one about a mile from Camping World.  It put our departure time later than we had planned, but that was OK because we are only going as far as King City today.

After fueling, dumping the holding tanks, and filling the propane tank, we headed south on Hwy. 101.  We parked at a truck stop south of King City.  Our plan was to hunt for some geocaches here.  It was not to be!  Once again, naps came out at the top of the list.   

By the time “this person” was up and around it was too late to start wandering around in bushes and trees and fun places like that hunting for caches.

For several months I have been having trouble with my left hip and left thigh (bursitis) and the discomfort often keeps me awake during the night.  Bill decided that we needed to invest in a memory foam pad to go on our Sleep Number Bed.  Does that qualify as “overkill?”  Yesterday, we purchased one at Costco.

The box, complete with pad and cover, must have “weighed a ton.”  I couldn’t pick it up.  I was in a state of shock that Bill would allow something so heavy to come into the coach.  For years I have listened to dialogue on the weight on the axles.  I understand it all, but wonder if “himself”” is becoming daft!

Tonight we got the thing out of the box.  From then on it was like a circus act.  When it was all put together and the bed was remade, I lay down.  I must admit it was comfy.  Stay tuned for further updates.

Tomorrow we continue south.

Today’s Travel Totals: Today’s mileage, 85---Geocaches, 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment