Monday, December 26, 2011

December 26, 2011

December 26, 2011

On our drive this morning we followed the coastline toward  Oxnard.  The ocean was beautiful.  The waves were just right to attract a number of surfers.

We turned east on Hwy. 126 and made our way into Santa Clarita.  After parking in an RV spot at the Elks Lodge and eating lunch, we took much needed naps.  I’ve felt worse today...probably because of moving around so much more than yesterday.  The nap was really needed.

Our first stop on a small shopping outing was at Best Buy.  Bill wanted to talk to the Geek Squad about his PC.  While we were standing there I noticed a man looking at my battered, bruised face so I told him my story, which was don’t yell “Go Ducks!” in southern California.  After seeing his shocked expression I told him the truth...I had a fight with a sidewalk and lost.  I liked my first explanation better than the true one, but in this case honesty was the best policy.

We went to Sam’s Club for a short visit and meant to go next door to Walmart.  I didn’t even feel like going in.  That’s unheard of for me to pass up going into Wally World.  We’ll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment