Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October 6, 2015---Michelle’s Driveway



I knew I was really tired yesterday when I was writing my blog.  But the fact that I didn’t post it properly might tell you just how tired I really was.

Although we are not in travel mode at this time, we have had some critter sightings.  Yesterday, Meredith was driving over here and reported traffic was stopped on the main street in back of Michelle’s house because a turkey was crossing the road.  He wanted to show the possum that it could be done. 

A few minutes later the turkey crossed the street in front of Michelle’s house and went under the branches of a huge evergreen tree.  We have seen them go under there before and have thought they roost in the lower branches for safety.

We have seen two rabbits taking refuge under the bushes across the street.  We may soon see a whole family emerge from the landscaping.

The geese are flying in formation now and make a loud “honking” noise as they fly over.  (Maybe they are looking for the State Line.)

At night we sometimes hear coyotes howling.  And that is all the critter stories from the Wild, Wild, West!

We had some rain---some=about 12 drops---tonight.  I thought it was just about cold enough to snow, but I was wrong.  Rats!

No comments:

Post a Comment