Saturday, December 14, 2013

December 14, 2013---Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado


We had planned to leave for Boulder at 9:30, but Meredith had to take Hapa to the vet.  She was bitten by another dog while walking on the trail around the lake.  She didn’t need stitches, but was put on an antibiotic.

We were on the road by 11:00 with Meredith, Dwaine, Michelle, Joey, Hapa, and myself ready for some adventures.  As we got off I-25 and headed west toward Boulder, we spotted a new thrift store.  Meredith had seen it about three weeks ago, but hadn’t shopped there.  Well, today was the day!

We stayed there for about 45 minutes.  It wasn’t a very big store, but there was really a lot crammed into their space.

After all of that shopping, we decided it was time for lunch.  We continued to Boulder.  After parking in the Pearl Street shopping area, we walked to a shop where Meredith and Michelle wanted to buy a gift.  I was amazed at how expensive the area was.  Most of the things I looked at were way beyond my budget, even the sale items.

We went into a restaurant to eat, discovered that hamburgers were $15, and decided it wasn’t the place for us.  I am sure of one thing...any of the University of Colorado students who were shopping and eating there had a lot more money than I did when I was in college.  I went “on a shoestring” and the only shoestrings they had to deal with were in their shoes.

We found a Mexican restaurant several miles away and had a nice lunch...Tex-Mex as usual, but good.

We stopped at REI and Cabela’s before returning to Loveland.  Meredith invited us to dinner.  We didn’t get home until 8:30, but our tummies certainly were happy.  I really like pork chops!  Yum, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment