Friday, December 6, 2013

December 6, 2013---Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado


We had snow during the night.  Not much, but any is nice in my books.  Bill has another view of the white stuff, especially when it is accompanied by subzero temperatures.

We took two bags of donations to the Habitat thrift store.  I thought, because of the very cold weather, they might not have volunteers taking things in.  But they did.  The ones not helping people like me were chipping ice or shoveling show.

From there we went to Ace Hardware.  I needed two more PVC frames for beading.  Bill made them for me, and I started putting the warp threads on one of them before it was time for us to get on the road again.

Michelle was flying from Boston today and we were picking her up at the airport.  Her plane was late because they had to de-ice it before it could take to the air.  I went in to wait for her to arrive.  In case she didn’t remember what I looked like, I held up a sign with her childhood nickname on it...Scooter.

When we had her luggage, Bill came to collect us.  We stopped at Costco to eat and to order pizzas to take home for the boys. 

Matthew had an awards ceremony for JrROTC.  Michelle and I got to the high school with about three minutes to spare.  Matthew was very proud of his advancement to Private 2nd Class.  At least I think that is his rank now.  He also got a ribbon for marching in the Veterans Day parade.

I spent the evening beading and watching the NASCAR awards ceremony from Las Vegas.  Bill kept going to sleep so he went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment