Wednesday, December 25, 2013

December 25, 2013---Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado


Marry Christmas!

Bill and I went to Meredith and Dwaine’s for breakfast this morning.  Meredith had made biscuits, potatoes, bacon, and sausage.  It was all very good, but the best part was the four of us sitting around the table talking after we had finished eating.  That’s always the  part I like the most.

Bill and I went back home.  We both felt the need of a nap.  I don’t know how long Bill inspected the insides of his eyelids, but I slept for about two hours.  I don’t know why I can’t get enough sleep lately.  I always seem to need more!

Michelle and Ron fixed a really nice Christmas dinner.  She made twice baked potatoes.  That’s one of Joshua’s favorites and mine, too.  And she made really good hot rolls.  Ron started making deviled eggs and I finished them.  He grilled shrimp, salmon, and steak.  Meredith made a salad.  It was quite a feast.

All the adults stayed around the table and talked.  Joshua has joined the ranks of the adults.  As long as any of us are still there, he’s there, also, adding a youthful slant to the conversation.  He has a lot of Brent’s dry wit.  There’s always a plentiful amount of laughter.

Although we missed our west coast family and the Mississippi group, we had a very Merry Christmas!  Hope all of you had the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment