Thursday, December 26, 2013

December 26, 2013---Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado


Meredith, Michelle, and I set off this morning to check out some of the after-Christmas sales.  

Hobby Lobby had some good deals, as usual.  We all made purchases.  We went to JoAnn Fabrics next.  Their sale was good, also.  I bought two small rugs and some fleece.  The fleece is for a project I have in mind.  I’ll keep you posted as I make progress.

We went to Noodles for lunch.  I had never eaten there.  It was really good.  I’ll have to introduce Bill to it sometime soon.

On our way back into Loveland we stopped at the day old bakery store before going to look at some of the flooded areas of Loveland. In September, a large part of a lower section was completely under water.  It mostly affected businesses and the Fairgrounds.  There is still a lot of clean up to do.

We went to a Bronco store.  It had a very good inventory.  Michelle bought a Bronco helmet cake pan.  Maybe she will become the official baker for Bronco Sundays.

Before taking me to a 1:00 appointment, we stopped at a thrift store that none of us had ever been to.  It was unusual because they don’t take donations of items.  We can’t figure out where all of their stock comes from.

My appointment was to get a “temporary.”  Oops, I mean a permanent.  I like the lady who does my hair and I didn’t want to leave Loveland without a new perm.

One of my jobs at Michelle’s was to do some sewing machine work on a quilt that she made for Matthew.  She and I both thought it might take a day or two to complete.  It dawned on me that we only have two more days here, so I went in the house, Michelle set her sewing machine on the dining room table, and I got started.  In just a little over two hours, I had finished.  Wow!  I was sewing so fast that I’m sure her machine was smoking!  We were both very surprised that it went so fast!  And Matthew was happy about it, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment