Sunday, December 29, 2013

December 29, 2013---Michelle's in Loveland, Colorado

We were glad we put off our planned departure.  We had snow most of the night and it was really cold today.

At 10:00, Bill and I went to Meredith and Dwaine’s to help them reupholster the seats on their dining room chairs.  Bill and I did the first chair, showing them each step along the way.

After finishing that one, Bill “jumped ship.”  He had a project to work on for Michelle.  The three of us started working on the second chair.  It was as successful as the first one.  

I decided I needed some rest time so Meredith and Dwaine upholstered the third seat.  They did a great job of it.

While we took a break, Dwaine took Joey and Hapa for a walk.  Meredith and I had several things we needed from Walmart.  Bill had told us he needed a comb and the kind he wanted.  Wisely, Meredith kept quiet.  She was wandering what he needed a comb for.  Poor old fellow is losing more and more hair!

He has had the problem for a long time, though.  When Brent was about four, I cut his hair after I cut Bill’s.  I said to Brent, ”Now you look just like your daddy.”  Brent said, “No I don’t.  I don’t have a hole in my hair.”  Oh, my!  Brent told it like it was.  That’s who Coleson got it from.  He and Grandpa were talking about when Bill was in the Army.  Coleson said, “Did you have hair when you were in the Army?”

When we got back to Meredith’s, she and Dwaine worked on the other three seats.  I was close by, working on a puzzle we had started on Christmas Eve.  They didn’t need my help.  The chairs all looked great.  The fabric Meredith chose looked wonderful and the job the two of them did was excellent.  They learned a new craft today that may come in handy again someday.

We watched the Bronco game from Oakland.  To say the Raiders are our least favorite team would be a gross understatement, so we were very glad Denver beat them soundly.

While we watched the game, we ate Meredith’s homemade chili and Michelle’s cornbread.  Yum, yum!  Great food for a cold, snowy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment