Sunday, May 11, 2014

May 11, 2014--Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado

Today was my birthday.  And it was Mother’s Day, too.

I talked to all of my children today.  That makes it a very special day.  

It was warm in California where Lori lives and it was humid where Brent is.  And here in Colorado with Meredith and Michelle,  it snowed all day.  The high was 35°.  Of all the years we lived in Colorado and Wyoming, I can’t remember weather like this on my birthday.

This morning I stayed in my nice warm bed and read an “Aunt Dimity” mystery.  I also spent a lot of the morning watching the snowflakes fall.  It was peaceful!  Connor treated me to a fruit smoothie this morning.  He really knows how to make them!

Meredith, Michelle, and I went for pedicures.  It was fun being with them.  Neither one of them have a problem with someone touching their feet, but I do.  I can’t hold my feet still so sometime the manicurist ends up with more polish than I do.  I can’t help it.  Brent is worse than I am, but I don’t think he’s ever challenged a manicurist.

We went to Meredith and Dwaine’s for a late lunch...salad, and cheese fondue.  It was good and a treat for me.  I don’t have a fondue pot in the MH.

When I got back to the motorhome, I took a long nap.  Since it was so cold today, I turned on a heating pad to “high,” and wrapped up in a blanket.

Tonight, Ron grilled hamburgers.  That was my choice for dinner.  He does a really good job on them.  He might just give In-N-Out a run for their money.  Connor, with Michelle’s guidance, made apple crisp for dessert.

It was a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment