Thursday, May 8, 2014

May 8, 2014--North Platte, Nebraska to Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado


Happy Birthday, Ron!

We left this morning at 6:10 with Bill driving and me asleep in back.  
At about 7:00 I heard a honk, honk!  I did my part from the bedroom.  

Bill soon pulled off the Interstate.  I assumed we were at a Rest Area, but the shades were down most of the way.  I could just make out a teepee as we went by.  I thought, “Oh, no!  The Lone Ranger is taking me home.”

When he pulled into a parking spot, I went to the front.  To my glee, it was snowing.  “Welcome to Colorado!”  Oscar (aka the Grouch) didn’t share my joy.  We sat there for awhile, debating whether to go on or stay.  I let Bill make those kinds of decisions (otherwise I’m in charge...insert smiley face) because he’s the one driving.  He chose to go.  (I do have veto power, but he’s usually right.)

After about 20 miles, the weather improved and by the time we got to the Sterling turnoff, the roads were beginning to dry.  It was cold and windy when we parked at Walmart.  After eating breakfast, I went in for a few groceries.  Bill stayed in the MH and rested.  

We took Colorado Highway 14 to Tinmath on I-25.  The Walmart there has a fuel stop with diesel.  And then it was on to Loveland to spend time with two daughters, two sons-in-laws, three grandkids, and three granddoggers!  Wow!  Fun times ahead.  And we’ll be looking forward to July when the rest of the clan gathers for a Team Frantic family get-together.

Michelle had a nice birthday dinner for Ron...lasagna, salad, French bread, cake, and ice cream.  Meredith joined in the festivities and Dwaine came after he got out of class. It was fun being with the group, but I have been cold ever since we got here.

No comments:

Post a Comment