Sunday, May 18, 2014

May 18, 2014--Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado


Michelle and Ron prepared a really good Sunday morning breakfast today...sausage, eggs, potatoes, toast, and fruit juice.  It was enough to sustain me while Michelle and I went on some errands.

While she went into Best Buy and Lowe’s, I stayed in the car so she could make better time.  When we got to Walmart, I went to the pharmacy area while Michelle went to the grocery part.  We met in the middle.  

All of the cashiers were busy so we both went to the self checkout place.  I usually make such a mess of it that someone has to finish for me.  Not today!  I did it all without any mistakes.  So did Michelle.  We were bragging to each other as we left the store until I realized I had left my cane by my checkout place.  Michelle went back for it.

My grandmother always said that “pride goeth before a fall.”  I think today was a perfect example of it.

Meredith came for me to spend some time at her house this afternoon.  It was a beautiful day.  We sat on their deck and looked out at the lake.  Lots of boats were enjoying the nice weather.  We watched the white pelicans flying along the shoreline.  

Hapa and Joey spent their time guarding the backyard from squirrels and other interlopers that might be lurking in the trees.  They did an excellent job!  

Yesterday, I bought a flowerpot for one of my plants needing a bigger home.  Meredith repotted if for me.  Dwaine built her a great place beside the house to do her nursery-like work.  It is set up with a workbench, a big container for potting soil, and a place for her tools, etc.  My only job was to watch!

Meredith grilled steak for dinner.  She also had baked potatoes and salad.  Some of us sat at the dining room table while others ate out on the deck.

When I am at Brent’s house,  I usually get a Willie Wound when he jumps up on me.  It is kind of a badge of honor for me.  This time, when leaving Brandon, I didn’t have any wounds.  Today, Max took care of what we are now calling “Max Marks.”  He decorated my left arm quite nicely!  The fun just never ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment