Friday, May 16, 2014

May 16, 2014--Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado


Michelle’s next door neighbors were having a garage sale.  What a great way to start the day!  I only had to get out of the motorhome and walk about 20 feet and up their driveway.

I bought four Denver Bronco t-shirts, two Bronco stocking caps, and Bronco house shoes.  I also bought a black and white shirt, a couple of turtle necks, and another sweater or two.

Getting up earlier for the sale, and making several trips home to carry my loot made me really tired.  Bill was “inspecting the insides of his eyelids” when I made my final trip back to the MH, so I decided to rest for a bit, too.  In two hours, I woke up!  Yikes!  I knew garage sales can be a lot of work, but that was a bit much, don’t you think?

When I got up, Bill was ready to eat lunch.  I knew he had something in mind.  And he did...Spam!  He had seen a can in the pantry and just couldn’t stop thinking about it.  He fried it for sandwiches.

We know several people who like Spam as much or more than we do...Dwaine, our son-in-law, and our good friend from Mississippi, Paul.  Also, when JP and Natalia traveled with us in the summers and brought along a list of things they wanted to eat during our travels, Spam was always on the list.  We thought about calling everyone to come for lunch, but decided it probably wouldn’t work.

We had a little rain this afternoon, but only enough to close the next door garage sale early.  The Weather Channel predicts warmer weather on its way so I guess we don’t have to worry about snow in the near future.



2 comments:

  1. We can never give up a good garage sell even while living out of a motor home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill might not agree with you, but I'm with you 100%.

    ReplyDelete